Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Week 5: Contination of Research


Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone's week has been productive. I had to miss this weeks lab at ASU West due to car situations, glad that is over now. If you've seen Jasmine's post this week, you may have received a glimpse of what we are currently working on this semester. It is truly inspiring to be apart of future scientists who are wanting to learn, grow, and help bring awareness of what is being discovered underneath a microscope.

Like I said previously, Beth brought back water samples from the Philippines in the form of SPMD's (Semipermeable Membrane Devices) and Silicone Monitoring Device Wristbands. We are hoping that two different methods we will be using to test water contamination will give us the best results.

I didn't know until now that Beth has an article on ASU's Global Engagement page! I recommend for those who are curious to read about what we are doing, to look further into it. "https://asunow.asu.edu/20190918-global-engagement-asu-beth-polidoro-swat-lab-seafood-safe-microplastics"

Cant wait to be back in the lab next week!

Oh! I almost forgot to mention, who's all ready for November's Conference at ASU Tempe?! Super excited!!!!!

- Francisco

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you car situation is fixed right now. I am proud to see you work with such diligent scientists. I love hearing about how your work is coming along. I hope that those two . methods will get you good results. Finger crossed. I will totes check out the article Beth wrote. Good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete