Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Second Blog Post

 1. What did you know about your field 3 years ago, and what have you learned about that has 'wowed' you? (Supplemental questions: What did you used to think was an advanced topic in your subject, and what do you think is now? What was the experience that you feel you learned the most from?)

Three years ago, I was considering on proceeding into a major in Biology. I learned so much approaching this career path. Learning from research, the possible career outcomes within this field, different skills and the many graduate programs that an undergraduate can research. When I entered this field I was astonished at the different types of research you can do in your graduate program! The experience did feel overwhelming though I was very overwhelmed with how much experience you must have when applying for job post graduate and the amount of work that goes into when taking the upper level course work. I feel although the amount of studying needed to succeed in these courses, I learned time management and organizing to better prepare myself to succeed as a student in college. 

2. What do you want to learn about over the next 3 years? (Is it scientific or personal? Why do you want to learn it? How do you plan on developing this knowledge?)

 Over the next three years, I really want to take a moment to develop more skills and gain my knowledge in the work of field I will be pursuing. The reason why is I want to prepare myself land more job opportunities once out of college. Speaking to numerous post-grad students has helped with providing an insight on what the field looks like. Job shadowing as well helps to know what type of job I will be working on and help gain an understanding of what skills employers will look for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment