Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Reflecting on My Online Presence

 Hello Everyone! 

Lately I have been thinking about my online presence and how I want to be portrayed to others online. Most of the apps that I am currently using are Instagram for social connections with colleagues, friends, and family, but I have thought about emphasizing more on my profile my career interests and research to portray to others of what I am currently working on. 

On the other hand I do feel like I am semi-satisfied with my Link'd In Profile and the networking I have on it. I have connected with so many student's in STEM, professors that I have done research with, and my coworkers I currently have. A lot of my coworkers and friend's have been impressed with the experience that I have with research and work that I have had in the past. 

I do however have a dissatisfaction with how much time I have on social media and feel like it has been impacting my mental health in a negative way. So currently I haven't been paying much time on their to limit my distractions and screen time. 



1 comment:

  1. Hello Francisco,
    I can relate to your post about your social media presence online. I myself have been doing some self-reflecting and feel like not only is social media negatively affecting me, as you said it was for you as well, but I also feel like it takes such valuable time away from other things I could be doing like spending time playing with my kids, or getting ahead on homework and studying, or even just getting some detached me time to relax and recollect. Mental health is so important, and for both of our sakes, I hope we are able to make the change necessary to benefit our minds. Keep up the awesome work, and enjoy a break from social platforms.

    ReplyDelete