Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Week 1 - The start of the Fall Research


Hi guys, 

I hope everyone is starting out their research out very well. I'm still trying to get back in the groove of things, which has been a bit challenging but I am getting there. 

So for many of you who may be curious, what am I working on this semester over at ASU West? 

And to answer that, I am still learning more about it. Beth Polidoro had some of her undergrads go out to the Philippines to collect samples during the summer to bring it back to ASU so we could further examine any contaminants like microplastic or organic chemicals. The reason I'm so interested in working with Beth's lab has been in my high curiosity on pollution found in our water. It's nice to have multiple undergrads working in this lab. There's a total of six of us who some are graduating next year. I can't wait to show you guys what I will be working on, talk about the conferences, and opportunities I shall be obtaining from this.  

Other students will be starting the research this week but since I go in just on Monday's, I will be starting next week! Let me know if you guys have any questions or curious to know about any opportunities at ASU! (: Best of luck this entire semester everyone.
- Francisco 

No comments:

Post a Comment